Our Physiotherapy services help children with rolling, sitting, standing, walking and other gross motor skills.
Physiotherapists use many different ways to help children and youth with these skills, including:
- Home exercise programs
- Parent education
- Recommendations for play or recreational activities
- Participation in specific group or individual sessions
Sometimes specialized equipment like walkers, crutches, wheelchairs, or orthotics are used to assist children with a physical skill, to increase comfort, or to prevent deformities.
The treatment or suggestions provided will depend on some of the following:
- Your child’s skills or difficulties related to movement
- Your hopes related to your child’s movement, and any specific requests from your child if they are able to express their desires
- Your child’s muscular strength, range of motion, muscle tone and other physical findings
- Your child’s developmental level
- Whether your child attends school, preschool, recreational activities or other programs
- The potential benefit of any specialized equipment for your child
- Children ages 0-19 living in Surrey, Delta, White Rock or Langley