The Supported Child Development Program (SCDP) supports children, who have a developmental delay or disability and may require extra support, to fully participate in inclusive neighbourhood Child Care programs.
SCDP provides the following services to support children, families, and childcare providers:
- Individual planning to promote each child’s development
- Training and information for families and childcare providers to help each child’s development
- Resources such as books and specialized equipment
- Referrals to other service such as therapists or specialists
- Where necessary, additional staffing to ensure that children may participate fully with their peers
- Children ages 0-19 living in Surrey, White Rock
*Please note the emphasis of this program is on early childhood development for children under 6 years of age, as this is the optimal time for Child Development. Children 7-12 years of age, are a continued priority, and youth 13-19 will continue to be served on an individual basis.
Additional information can be found here.